Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm not cold hearted!

Abel has been telling my that I'm cold hearted. All because of Adrian. Last week and the week before, Adrian has had the strangest behavior when we drop him off at daycare in the mornings. Literally kicking, screaming, crying, and holding on to us! It first happened with daddy, and he couldn't take it, so he dropped Adrian off at his mom's instead. The second day, it happened again! We kept asking ourselves and the babysitter "What happened?" "Nothing happened" was the response all around.

We had to give Adrian the benefit of the doubt. We were not going to force him to stay somewhere he was unhappy. Needless to say, he stayed at grandma's several days. I then decided I would drop him off one day, just to test his reaction. He did the same, but I had to see how he would act the rest of the day. With a broken heart (or cold hearted, according to Abel), I left him there. I called the babysitter not even 5 minutes later, and he was over it!! He was a happy and playful little boy the rest of the day!!

Daddy attempted it again, same reaction, back to grandma's he went. When he dropped him off at his mom's..... he reacted the same!! That was proof to Abel that Adrian was just having a hard time detaching from us. No matter who he was staying with. Finally this week, I have been the one taking him. To our surprise, he is now doing a lot better. Daddy was a brave one today, and took him. Adrian is back to himself, calm, yet a little sad.

The babysitter and her family love Adrian. She tried helping us. I had to convince my mother in law that she would be telling us the truth. This is a lady that has people on a waiting list to come in to her daycare. Why would she keep a child that would give her trouble through out the day? I would tell Abel, "I bet your mom hates me!" lol

3 comments:

LUCY said...

maybe your pregnant :) and who could hate you? Glad he is doing better

juan said...

We had to do the same thing with Mike when he was going to daycare, just drop him off kicking & screaming, till we decided it was time for mommy to stay home.

Adriana Sujey said...

@ Lucy... you just neber know (about prego)?? BUT prolly NOT
@ Juan... I got the chills just thinking about it, not a nice feeling. Thank God he has stopped it ALL. He stays fine now :)