Monday, November 17, 2008

Why do I still dread the punishment?

Not that my parents can really punish me or anything, but I dread when I don't follow through on something they have asked me to do. I am a grown adult! My dad was expecting for me to visit my grandma (Panchita) in Mexico this past weekend, unfortunatley I was not able to go. I don't even want to see his name on my caller ID right now!

My mom asked me to take her curling iron to my other grandma's (Margarita) house on Saturday. Did I take it? NO! Did I want to see her at my grandma's house this morning? NO! I had no choice. I got there and I could already tell she was bothered. grrr.

Is it normal to still feel like this, even though I'm married, live on my own, and have my own children? I don't live under their roof anymore! I have at least gotten a lot better. In the beginning of our marriage, Abel would get mad because I would still listen to my dad. It took me a long time to even dare go against his wishes. One of the first ones was when I bought my 1999 Ford Mustang. This decision I made while still single, well, actually engaged. Boy, was he NOT happy. OH well!! He wanted for me to buy a used Suburban!!! Golly, I didn't even have children!!

I am not saying I disrespect them. I love and respect them.

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

I know exactly how you feel! I am the same way, I feel like hello I'm married with kids, I live on my own, but as soon as they tell me to do something there i am. I've learned to be a little more vocal though, I have too, I have to now do what my husband says and sometimes that means not doing what they say or what they want. But like you said, I respect them and love them, but they know I've got my own life now. Here's to us Adri!! LOL

Anonymous said...

WELL, I ON THE OTHER HAND, STOPPED LISTENING A LONG TIME AGO!!!
MAYBE THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T EVEN BOTHER ME ANYMORE!!!
...BUT YES I STILL LOVE THEM

juan said...

Yup I would be mad at you too because you bought the mustang, hehe, I like your dad already.

Adriana Sujey said...

@ Juan.... MUY chistoso!