Monday, June 2, 2008

So many inflatables!

At the school Allyson attends, they put together an "End of the Year Carnival." I was fortunate enough to help her classroom. We were in charge of making "raspas." Like always, I had fun! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw so many inflatables! I wanted to jump on some of them!

Our little darling had a blast! So did all the other children. Oh, Oh, the kids were only allowed, if they wanted, 1 snow cone, 1 popcorn, 1 cotton candy, and 1 water. We would have to mark them after we gave them either one. There was one little girl that had already had a raspa. She obviously knew they were allowed 1 of each. I say this because she was covering her bracelet that had already been marked for a raspa. When she was asked for her wrist, to mark her, she hesitated. I was already laughing when I saw her coming, because I remembered her. I was laughing even more when she was being all sneaky. Nevertheless, I still prepared her another raspa.

As a youngster, I had always wanted to work at the raspa stand. Well, I guess you could say I finally tried it. I would do the same thing as the professionals... poke the middle of the ice to make sure and fill it with syrup to the top. We only had two flavors/colors, yet the kids would ask for one we didn't have...like I said...It was fun!

4 comments:

Sal said...

wow, had nothing like that when i was a kid :(

juan said...

hey was that cotton candy guy flounder?

Adriana Sujey said...

@ Juan...yeah! It is! Abel told me his nickname. That guy was so hilarious!

Sal said...

flounder? reminds me of the movie animal house.