Sunday, April 6, 2008

El Primo and BORSTAR

"Border Patrol Search, Trauma, and Rescue (BORSTAR) Teams are highly specialized units capable of responding to emergency search and rescue situations anywhere in the United States. These teams are made up of Border Patrol Agents who volunteer to go beyond their regular duties and undergo a highly specialized regimen consisting of training in physical fitness and training in various other disciplines, including medical skills, technical rescue, navigation, communication, swiftwater rescue, and air operations.
BORSTAR's primary mission is to respond to incidents involving distressed agents and migrants along the border."


My cousin Jorge just graduated from this special strict training. On Saturday night my aunt made a party in his honor. After eveyone ate, he showed us a video of his actual training, with him in it! Geez Louis! It looked hard! I am so, so PROUD of "El Primo." Of course, being that I am not loud..........WHATEVER....... anyways, during the video, I couldn't help but cheer him on when I would see him. All of us there were clapping, yelling, and high fiving him. His wife Tracy is also very proud of him. He is 1 out of 10! He will now also be training to be a paramedic. Which is all part of it. GO JORGE!! LOVE YA!

On another note, I am also very proud of his brother, my other cousin, Daniel. He will be graduating from UTPA next month. He now has an interview for the PA program, we will all be praying that he gets accepted. Go Danny!

No comments: