Sunday, February 17, 2008

The FAMILY man feeling, has just sunk in

Mr. Abel Villegas was a busy body today! I even got kicked out of the house so he could work comfortably. Adrian and I went to the mall while he was here at home re-arranging furniture and buying some new stuff for the living room. One of the things he bought is this 19 inch monitor. Boy is it bright. I was used to the older dark looking monitor.

Anyways, before we hit the mall, Adrian and I were at the doctors office. While we were there...Abel was shopping. He called me and told me that he just seen and was interested in an Explorer. By the time I knew it, we were heading out there to buy it! We brought it home! We now have a new member in the family! It's not new, but I didn't want another car payment! So I am happy.

Long story short...late in the evening we went shopping at Wally-Martinez. We bought several things we needed. Some of them were big items, which they all happen to fit in our new Explorer! When Abel finished loading the items, it hit him...."the FAMILY man feeling." He no longer owned a MUSTANG! I told him to join the club. He now knows how I felt when we sold my mustang and got the Taurus. On the short trip home, I kept laughing....he is no longer a COOL dad! Hee Hee!

He is happy about this change though. We have to grow up sooner or later. He did tell me that Adrian and him will have their own project car later. :)

5 comments:

scavazos said...

Congrats on the explorer. I'm with you guys, who wants another payment. I never had a mustang of my own, but Roland bought himself the Cobra and me a Taurus after the accident. Not fun!

juan said...

congrats on the explorer, Family Man, yeah its a pretty good feeling.

Sal said...

weird.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it is weird not having a sports car anymore,I'll get one later on.Well I think I'll keep Rolands Cobra,it's spent more time at my place than with him....Oh and I hope Sandra let's him see this.....

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYY!!!
I'm so happy for your family. An suv is VERY helpful :D:D:D

XOXOXO