Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Mom

My mami is just something else! I told her I was going to blog about her and she gave me permission. She does sooooo many funny things unintentionaly. So many of her "shows" as my sister and I call them, you would need to be present so I can act out the way she does things. Most of the time, she feels they are not funny, but they are hilarious to us. She says that what goes around comes around. She used to laugh at my grandma, OH my grandma does funny things too. I guess I'll tell you one where they were both involved. Around Katrina time, they were both visiting family in Florida. They decided to go to one of the many beaches. My mom went and bought a bathing suit and so did my grandma. So my mom is enjoying the waves with her eyeglasses hanging from her bathing suit. My grandma sees her enjoying the waves and decides that she will do the same. My grandma is 80 some years old, so as soon as she hits the waves, they start to take her in. Since she now realized she is not as strong as she used to be, she starts to panic. She attempts to get up, but the next wave takes her down again and again and again. By this time my mom notices and she does the baywatch thing to do......save my g-ma. Afterwards, they laugh about it, BUT my mom was not laughing as hard, her eyeglasses were floating somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. We asked her, "Who goes to the beach with their eyeglasses hanging freely?" Her reply was......"I didn't know I was going to have to throw myself in to save your granda!" You should see my g-ma acting out how the waves would take her down!!!

3 comments:

juan said...

thats funny you describe it so good.baywatch lol.

Sal said...

so thats where you get it from adri?? you always act out every story you say and so does your grandma. but the best part is.

"I didn't know I was going to have to throw myself in to save your granda!"

LOL

Anonymous said...

Si hombre la suegra esta toda booger head tambien.Runs in the family I guess.