Sunday, May 6, 2012

Adrian's Little Friends


Adrian is now 5.9 years old.  He is a little stinker!  He always makes us laugh.  I love that no matter how he wakes up in the morning, he almost always makes me smile.  And if he's in a BAD mood, I can make him smile, and just like that, he'll be happy.  He's so easy to make smile.  There are times when he "doesn't" want to be happy, so gets mad because I made him smile :)  Mi chiquito!!

Having had said all that, I present you the above picture.  Adrian does not like to go to sleep alone.  So now you're thinking he sleeps with all these his little friends right? WRONG!!! When we are NOT looking, he fills up his little toddler bed (which is right next to our bed) with these little stuffed animals.  He then jumps into our bed!  He loves for me to rub his back to help him go to sleep.  So, in my head, I'm thinking, "Yes, the sooner he falls asleep, the sooner I get to move him into his bed!"  Abel & I do our best, he falls asleep, and I'm ready to the transfer.  ONLY ONE LITTLE PROBLEM........his bed is completely occupied! We think it's so cute, we feel bad for waking up his buddies, sooooooooooooooooooooo, we leave him in our bed! We are such wimps! No, we're not wimps, we love him & we feel that's his way of making sure he sleeps with us.  He ALWAYS has a solution, even when we're not looking! 

Abel always tells me "Let them be little, let them sleep in the middle."  Like the country song :)

I know the day will come that we will be wishing he still wanted to sleep with us.  So that is why we let BOTH of our kids sleep with us when they want to :)

No comments: