Thursday, October 8, 2009

ZERO miles to EMPTY

Now, what does that title tell you? Obviously Adri doesn't get it!

Tonight we had a "High School Reunion Planning Meeting." I was running late, so i was in a hurry to get there, and like always, I said "I'll tank up afterwards."

We all left La Playa and before getting to Payless on 77 by HEB(like a block before), my car SHUT down. I still had doubts it was the gas! So i coasted it all the way to the HEB parking lot. I ALMOST made it to the gas station! I was pushing forward in my seat, KIDDING! I am amazed at how far i was able to coast it!! I was just hoping nobody would get in my way, I couldn't afford to brake!

I had to start with the process of elimination, as Abel has taught me. (OH, now i listen to him) I got off and went inside HEB and bought the stupidest gas tank thing ever! I WAS SO EMBARRASSED BUYING IT AND ESPECIALLY PUTTING gas in it!!! GRRRRR! Que awite carrying the portable gas tank and spilling the gas. I didn't close it right :( During the walk from the station to my car, i kept telling people to "Shut UP!" I could read their minds! Making fun of me!

The cashier had told me if i needed help just to go tell him. Well, i did :( It took 4 of us to figure out that dumb thing. Ok 5, the manager counts also. Que show!! All this time i was scared to. I really hope i learned my lesson, chiwawas! I keep nodding my head and rolling my eyes......can't believe it happened!

P.S. What a story I have for my hubby in the morning! Tonight i just gave him a kiss and told him i was home. Why would i want to mess up his sleep? I am considerate ;)

3 comments:

Sal said...

5 to figure out the gas thing? wow. thats so funny. should of put a picture of that!

juan said...

i was laughing when you said I cant afford to brake, lol, too funny, well worth blogging material,

Adriana Sujey said...

@digiSal...believe me, I wanted to snap a pic, but I knew I wasn't going to have time for all of them to sign a waiver so I could post thier pic

@juan... can you imagine? And the steering wheel ALL hard! Nombre!! lol