Wednesday, September 3, 2008

THE MAILBOX

I had just been admiring our little mail box. I’ve always liked the mailboxes that are like little houses. Well, my mom in law “se echo el villete” I don’t know how to say this in English?

As we were all taking a break at our new dining set the day of the big move, my little brother was looking out through the front door. He calmly says “Abel’s mom knocked down the mail box.” I went along with it because I thought he was joking. Then he says “For real, your mail box is knocked down, it’s on the street.” I automatically handed him the camera so he could go take pictures. He walked out saying “For the court” Then………….. I hear my mother in law walking in calling my name. Of course we all got up and went outside. My poor mother in law, she was blaming my sister in law, because she didn’t get up to leave with her. OMG, I started cracking up!! I did not even get mad or bothered. This was too too funny!!

She felt so bad. She kept telling me not to laugh. I had to!!! The faces she was making! And just imaging the look on her face and imaging what went through her head when she saw the mail box on the street. It was so hilarious!!! She told us she thought she had gone over the curb. Even as I type this, I’m laughing.

My little brother and Nacho tried to lift it, and even though it was heavy, they managed to lift it. Oh no, my mother in law was so scared!! Abel was not home, so I called him to give him heads up. He did not even get mad; he was concerned about his mom’s car.

So far, we are getting mail. She already bought us a new mailbox. We told her she didn't have to, but she is stubborn! Anybody know how to rebuild a mailbox? :)

3 comments:

Sal said...

i dont get the the For The Court part? but that is so funny. i laughed when i saw the pic of it on the ground.. lol

LUCY said...

Wow sooo what happened to the car, I'm curious.
And pictures for the court sal duh!

Adriana Sujey said...

Thanks for claryfing that to Sal (computer guys....) The car has a few scratches, and she wants me to pay for the paint job on the car!! J/K!!