Thursday, July 31, 2008

My First Dolly


My First Dolly came on Wednesday, July 23, 2008. A DOLLY like I never expected. Although I knew about her coming, I never expected her to behave the way she did. What a spoiled little brat. Well, I shouldn't complain much, she behaved on our side of town. Dolly is the name of the first hurricane that I had to go through. Sure, I remember Gilbert in 1987 or around there, but he was a wimp and I was younger. I did not have to do anything, my parents did all the worrying. BUT now.... I was the worrying parent!!

We were prepared with food, water, flash lights, candles, munchies, munchies, and more munchies. Sounds just about right. Hee hee. We stayed at the Y-Barras while they were vacationing in Dallas. So we had the house all to ourselves!!! Just kidding, in the middle of the storm, Abel had to go rescue his parents, sister, and niece and family. Water was getting into their house. It felt so much better all of us being together. My mom in law brought MORE food and the battery operated TV!! The novela had to go on!

All I know is that I kept telling everyone "eat up, the lights are gonna go out!" So I took my own advice :P During Wednesday night's storm we slept in the living room floor with the sliding door, front door and windows open. It was a cool night with the breeze coming in. Still not cool enough for Abel and the kids to sleep comfortable.

Overall, we were very blessed. Our little mobile home survived, the house we were in survived, and the house we are looking into purchasing survived :D Ally and I would sing and play. She is the one that kept wishing it would stop raining. I would praise God and thank him for what we had. Come early Thursday morning, when all the rain had stopped, and all the wind had died, the lights came back on and it was time to find out what mother nature had done. Thus, we were out of commission at work for 3 1/2 days.


No comments: