Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bobby Ville....


Bobby Ville (Robert Villegas) is my father in law's baby brother. He has had an interest in playing music since 1963. He was featured in Sunday's San Benito News. My father in law also has a love for music.

I have always wanted to blog about my father in law, A.K.A. "Mele" or his real name, Samuel Villegas. He has a part-time job, but he plays on the weekends with a local band. Anyways, he kinda has bad eye sight, so we tell him he needs to stop playing, so he won't have to drive at night, and this is what he tells us "NO, me muero!" That he'd die. His passion is music.

Back to Bobby Ville, and no, that's not where I got the idea for MY blog.... He likes to sing oldies. He played with a famous band at the age of 18. He later decided to go solo, and he recorded his own album in 1970. He performed at various locations. He now performs at San Benito Wings on Saturday nights. He sings to Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, Elvis Presley, Tony Orlando, and yes, a little Freddy Fender. I am happy he is still doing what he loves to do :D

1 comment:

Sal said...

he needs to start bobbyville.com! and i think you did steal the idear from him~~