Friday, May 2, 2008

My Dad

"Honor your mother and father" I don't know if I'm being stubborn, or just plain disobedient. I have not seen my dad in well over a month or maybe even two months? And to top it off, we live in the same town! It has been bothering me! Just about everyday, something crosses my path that reminds me of him. I haven't even made the attempt to call him. He has been the one calling me, when he would never do that before. There are no excuses for my actions. What he has done or is doing should not matter. The problem is that when I do think about him, I get this grrrr feeling.

I spoke with a person the other day and she told me that she had a similar relationship with her dad. One day her dad was gone, due to a car accident. It was hard on her and she wishes it would've been different. That is one of my fears.....
I say I'm not holding a grudge, but maybe I am? I hope not. Several months ago, during a family meeting, I told my dad the way I have always seen his priorities.... himself, work, drinking, buddies, then maybe FAMILY. I don't remember what he said to that. But I do remember him telling me that we would continue the meeting the next day, he had to go to a pool tournament..... go figure. I have always been praying for him, have had patience for him, and have been understanding, a person can only do so much. I should leave this in God's hands, but what am I supposed to do with this feeling inside? I don't want for him to end up alone!

5 comments:

LUCY said...

Adri your a wonderful smart woman, your doing what you can and that's praying. Always remember that God will never fail you.

juan said...

Yo Adri, It will be hard to comment cuz it is such a touchy subject. But my "OPINION" is your dad is ur dad, that is who he is or if he has recently changed it is different. But it is so hard to get grown up to change so so hard if they are stuck in there own ways, again they are adults not so easily told to change only God will be able to change them. I see & feel your pain in this situation, especially if we are close to our families then we don't see them. That grudge will eat you up & consume your mind & heart. I say talk to him, he knows how you feel about his lifestyle if his lifestyle is affecting the kiddos then it would be a problem.They will see grampa & how he behaves, but don't stop talking to him, it just my "OPINION".

juan said...

will be praying for you & your dad & family

DeeDee said...

Hey Adri, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. My mom and dad got divorced when I was 17. He was cheating on my mom, and he was just never around, he didn't care one bit for us, and she finally got tired of it. To make a long story short, I don't know why, but "us" kids don't hold anything against him. We still talk to him, and see him when he comes around, he lives in Oklahoma so its not very often. But when we do see him, its very exciting, especially for his grandkids, they love him. So basically I say don't hold the grudge, you're wasting time, time that you could spend with him and your kids and the one thing you'll notice is how different he is with your kids compared to the way he was with you. The little ones melt their cold, tough heart, but also it'll melt yours too when you see how he makes them smile! We'll be praying for you! Love ya.

Adriana Sujey said...

Thank you so much for your comments and support. I still haven't called :( Gosh, I need to get a move on it....