Friday, May 30, 2008

H.E.B.

I will make anywhere between 2-3 visits to H.E.B. a week. One of my favorite things to do at the frozen section is to take a whiff of the white little smoke in the freezers. I know that's kinda weird but every time I'm there, I have to get way into the freezer and take a deep breath. I hope it just looks like I'm taking a very close look at the non-fattening ingredients on the ice-cream label. Ha. I would be in that section instead of the veggies wouldn't I?

One of my non-favorite things is when I keep my mouth shut. Like tonight. I get on the 10 items or less EXPRESS lane, but the person in front of me has over 20 items!!! I have rehearsed this line in my head "Since I do have 10 items or less, can I go before you?" BUT the phrase never makes it out of my thoughts!! I stand there and get even more mad because I didn't say anything. If I were them, I wouldn't get offended. Anyways, there they are in line, looking around like to avoid looking at the blinking sign that says "TEN ITEMS OR LESS." I tell you! I wonder if the cashiers can tell them anything? They never do! One of these days I'm going to open my mouth, but everytime I do, I just stick my foot in my mouth..... aver que?

4 comments:

juan said...

Wimp, j/k, I think I would say something to my wife OUTLOUD, hehe

DeeDee said...

LOL, I love to take a whiff of the freezer air too!!! LOL Thank God I'm not the only weirdo that does this!:)
I wouldn't say anything either, I'll be mad, but I'll hold it in. Unlike my husband there, he would start talking to me out loud about that person! How embarrassing!

Anonymous said...

Just give them a mean look like I do, then they will offer to let you go ahead of them. It's happened to me before. Then again hun, you never get mad, you smile even if you make a mad face.

Adriana Sujey said...

@ Juan... que nino!
@ DeeDee..LOL, so when I see you at H.E.B., we'll go smell together..hee hee!
@ Babel..but, but, I might get a wrinkle if I do a mean look :( Ha ha!