Saturday, April 12, 2008

Relay for Life

Yesterday and today I participated in the Relay for Life here in San Benito. This is the first time I ever participate in anything like this. I was a part of Ally's school team. Every team had their own shirts and theme. Some teams went all out!! Friday night I helped at the concession stand. I sold fajita tacos, sausage wraps, nachos, pickles, cokes and frito pies! That was a lot of fun.

On Saturday at 5:00 a.m., I did the actual walking. My friend Jennifer also joined me. I did a total of 6 1/2 miles! I am so proud because I was able to jog 4 miles. I had never attempted that, and I was able to accomplish it.

I guess I had never participated because cancer had not hit so close to home as it did last year. My little sister was diagnosed & treated last year. She has been extremely blessed!! She is a great SURVIVOR!! I love her so much. I was never scared for her and neither was she nor all the loved ones that surrounded her through all of this. She had so much support, especially from the person she dearly and truly loves, her hubby! My brother-in-law Carlos was and is the best. I love you both! I shall continue to participate....


2 comments:

LUCY said...

Wow,that's alot of miles and you jogged four miles. You jog non-stop? I went last year but I don't remember all that good food grrr.

Adriana Sujey said...

@ Lucy...I actually stopped, took a couple of steps after 3 1/2 because my goal was 3 miles. After those few steps I thought to myself "What's 2 more laps?" So I took off again... It felt so so good! The cause I was doing it for felt even better :D