Thursday, March 20, 2008

Have you ever been -$597.58 at the bank?

Where do I start? So my hubby won't get so so so mad when he reads this? OUCH! I can feel the pain now!!!!!!

Anyways, it goes back to 3/16/08. I finally decided to balance the check book..... All this time I had been doing figures in my head, and we all know how that goes. The figures in my head looked good! I believe I balanced at home that night (3/16/08). Almost 10 days after getting the income tax return and spending and spending and then a little more spending.

By the time I was balancing, I had already withdrawn an extra $1,500 from one bank account to deposit into another. I just knew I was able to do that! I just knew we had it there! To my darn surprise....................... I ended up being a whopping negative $597.58!!!!!! (After the withdrawal) Message to Abel: "Don't get mad hunny!" I can't remember if I was able to sleep that night. I couldn't wait for it to be morning to go back to the bank that I had just deposited the $1,500 and withdraw only $650.00 to put back. How am I going to put this $$$$ back? Dunno? How am I going to explain this to Abel? ANSWER: I'm not....ouch!!

It was now Monday, March 17, 2008. I rushed to the banks, to withdraw from one and deposit into the other. I was able to wipe the sweat off my forehead, for now. Nothing should bounce now. I was so worried! I don't know how this happened!!!!!!! Our new balance..... $52.42. Green, not red.

Since that day, I have not spent unnecessary monies. Not only because of that, but also because Babel has me on a budget. The kind of budget where he keeps the $$ in his wallet, and not in mine :( I did not hesitate giving him the money. (Hee Hee....only I knew what had just happened) I didn't mind either because he is real good, he won't deny me anything I need, notice I said need, and not want. So, Monday night, I handed over all the $$$. I didn't even put up a fight.

Today I got paid, TONIGHT I balanced the check book again! GOOD LORD, I found an error!!! AHHH!!! GRRRRRRR! A good error though, our balance is only $765.72 more than what I thought!!! Can you believe that? I went back all the way to November 2007 because something wasn't coming out right? The check book said one thing and the bank said another? And everything has already cleared? Low and behold, I counted a deposit as a withdrawal. Que nina. VERY HAPPY ENDING. I JUST HOPE ABEL READ THIS FAR. LOL!

BTW: This is story problem. What is the true and final balance?


6 comments:

Memories... said...

aha! here we thought you were being a good wife and handing over the money..... we women always do something for a reason ;)!

yup you said it right "ay que nina!" you're giving us girls a bad rep LOL

juan said...

Thats alot to be under, I once paid 30 buck for a 99 cent taco cuz I didn't know how much money was in that bank account. so i was charged an overdraft fee. I never heard the end of it, now I just carry one bank card. I am the spender, my wife is the one that handles our finances I just make the mula, good blog Adri, don't sweat it no more, he he

Anonymous said...

KAAAWhat!!!!






























Glad that's cleared up.....
Hey hunny after you pay this weeks bills, fork over da mula baby!!!

Sal said...

ah, if i would have known this was going to turn into an Essay Question i would have stopped reading!

lol

need to get you a check book program for your phone. we'll talk monday. :)

Adriana Sujey said...

My sister-n-law reads my blog, BUT doesn't comment. She had just asked me why I haven't blogged. So here it is Belia...I'll post a comment for you......
"BOOGERHEAD!" That's what she would have told me...anyways, I think the (ENTER) button got stuck on Abel's comment, LOL

Anonymous said...

No hun I meant to do that!!!


Now give me the money...........