Sunday, March 30, 2008

Adrian's Daycare Story

My chiquito has been attending Daycare for about 5 weeks now. I had been meaning to mention it on my Blog, but hadn't. We already knew that when he turned 18 months he would probably be leaving grandma's arms. Of course, no one is happy about this, but this is how life has to be right now. We were and are so blessed to have Abel's mom in our lives! She has been a tremendous amount of help, or shall I say a humongous blessing.

The day finally came and we were so lucky to find a good person to care for Adrian. She lives right across from Ally's Elementary School. Adrian has done great from day one. We took him over several times before we actually left him there all alone. He always seemed to like it, and he didn't want to leave. Then on his first day, Abel and I took him, and he acted like he knew that he would be staying that time.

He used to cry more in the beginning. Now he does his little sad face and waves "BYE." Teacher Stella says that "out of sight, out of mind." She reports that as soon as we leave, he is fine all day! She always tells us that he is a very good little boy and that he interacts well with the other little kiddos. I'm happy because I know this is still a benefit for him. Although it still breaks my heart when I leave :( We love you papito!!!

Grandma is still helping, she picks up Ally, Hailey and Adrian at 3:00...

No comments: