Sunday, February 24, 2008

Meet My Mom, "Irma"


My mom and I went to a baby shower on Saturday. It is always fun hanging out with family! I just wanted to share this picture of my mom & I. I love her so much, yet I don't think I show it enough. I don't visit her as much as I should :( My mom is so hilarious. As I've said before, she's always doing something to crack us up. She doesn't even have to try, she's a natural. I don't think I've mentioned the time she went to buy her 1st pair of contacts....

She went to buy them there at the mall. To make a long story short, she had the clerk there for close to or over an hour. She was trying to teach my mom how to put them on. Finally, after being there so long, the lady told my mom, good, you already learned...and my mom still had NOT learned. Pobresita my mom! She just wanted to get rid of my mommy!

I think she said that the first night trying to remove her contacts at home, she was up until 1 or 2 am! It makes me laugh just picturing her! I got a chance to see my mom attempting to put them on and taking them off during her 1st days. Boy, was that FUNNY! To take them off, she would keep poking her eye, but she would close it at the same time, so she wouldn't even get close to removing the contact!

One time she called her best friend to please go go over to her house to help her find one the contacts. She was trying to put them on, but she had lost one! Just the way she told me that she was going crazy looking for it everywhere cracked me up! She had told her friend "me tienes que ayudar!" She finally found it stuck to the wall, so she cancelled the "one eyed willy" code. LOL!

No comments: