Wednesday, January 9, 2008

SCHOLASTIC times

Does anyone remember "Scholastic" from elementary? I surely do, I used to love ordering stickers. My parents didn't read or really understand English, so they would just give us a budgeted amount of moola. Now I say that I wasted $$ on stickers, but at the time, I was cool. Allyson has been getting her order forms every month. I usually do the reviewing, approving, and the ordering. I try sticking to educational books and allow 1 or 2 goofy things. While I was out bellydancing tonight, my hunny took care of it. (By the way, it was an awesome class!!!) Ally has been telling us to fill it out since Monday night. Anyways, tonight was her lucky night. When I walked into the house, she told me that daddy had said for me to write the rest. First thing I did, pull out the calculator. I started adding and adding, and mind you, I was supposed to write in the rest of the order......the grand total so far was over $22.00. Thank God that Ally is blessed that we could probably order all of that, BUT that is not the point! I never let her order all that she has circled!! Next time, she'll think she can circle more and get it all. I don't think so! As I kept reviewing what Mr. Villegas had ordered, I noticed he had ordered one of those gimmick ones......the ones that they will be sending you orders to your house every month for a nominal fee. I went to ask him why he had ordered almost everything? He said "why not?" Needless to say, I will have to alter the order. At least now Abel should know how to handle it in the future. (Read the fine print) I love you hunny, thanks for pleasing mija!

2 comments:

juan said...

I remember those , we were just poor, at least I got something, I would order posters & book marks, lame , but I would like to be called in class to pick up my stuff

Anonymous said...

I remember as well,I could never get what I wanted and remember all the other kids would get lots of stuff.So now my Ally gets to be one of the lucky kids since I never was.

Oh and I will double check what I order for her next time....oops