Tuesday, August 28, 2007

BELLDANCERS ARE NOT STRIPPERS!!!

This past Saturday I had my first bellydance performance!! It was a lot of fun!! We danced at an assisted living place called Canterbury Court. I guess you could say that I was not that nervous. The only thing that kept wanting to make me nervous was thinking that I would forget the moves!!! 1st we danced a Shakira song, then I did my solo, Yadira did her solo, Jennifer did hers, and then finally we all did "Don't Cha."
I've never been dancer inclined. I can't even believe that I have the guts to be dancing now. Ever since I went to the Bellydancing class at the gym, I've been totally hooked. It really helps that my friend Jennifer bellydances aswell. I hope to improve in my moves. After seeing the video, I see where I need major improvements. I will try to post a piece of the video later. Meanwhile, here are very few pics......

12 comments:

jav said...

Looks like you had fun, who are all those people on the slide show taking pics of you all, lol.

Adriana Sujey said...

Duh Jav, it's the paparazzi!!! They were all over the place!!!

juan said...

lol paparazzi DUH Javi lol

Sal said...

its funny how bellydancers pose with their arms in the air...

Rob said...

I once knew a Bellydancer ... she was a Stripper. Lets see if I can Google her !!

BTW .. I like your Blog page. !! Its very Loud and Colorful !! Im use to Dark / Black .

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful!! I wish I could have been there...I'm so proud of you! :D
Love Ya Lots

Adriana Sujey said...

@ Sal..."pretty bellydance arms" is what they tell us
@ Rob....OMG, I don't want to become a stripper!!! What shall I do J/K!!!!! I'd never do that
@ Esmi...I will send you a copy of the video once I get it to my friend Sal to fix it. Thanks for the compliments! :)

Adriana Sujey said...

@ Rob, I'm glad my blog shows how I am, Loud & Colorful!!! There is nothing wrong with black, I'm used to it. It is my husbands fav color.

Sal said...

loud and colorful is an understatement to describe adri!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of my wife and what she is doing.I know she has fun doing this so that is why I support her,plus I'm reaping all the benefits if you know what I mean!!!

Sal said...

T.M.I. abel.
To Much Info!!

Memories... said...

hot mommas!

it was fun, i enjoyed it...

look out for the next Habibis performance....

Shakira - watch out here comes Shimmylicious Adri and Jennylicious!! :)