Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Genesis 1-4

At church they provided us with a guide on how to read the bible in one year. I got the guide last Wednesday, the 7th. That meant I was already a little behind. I should have been on Genesis 23-26. In my head I was like, piece of cake. I can probably catch up right away! Not proud to say that I finally got started 4 days later.

So, Sunday night, I grabbed the bible and the guide. I needed to read Genesis 1-42 to catch up. I wanted to see how much that was. I went to Genesis 1 and was looking for verse 42. (I was figuring I could do it all that night.) To my surprise, there was no verse 42! I had totally misunderstood the guide. We are supposed to be reading chapters, not verses!! It was then I realized how far behind I was or am! BOY, did I have it all wrong :(

Ally and I read Genesis 1-4. She was interested. Especially because her daddy's name is in the bible. ABEL. She learned how God took a rib from Adam to make Eve.

I might be behind, but I intend to do my best. We are blessed in sooooo many ways. And what better way to receive more blessings, be able to help others, AND to please the LORD, than to read the bible?

3 comments:

Sal said...

awe poor sky was sick to hear the preacher preach on the rib last night.

i thought of her when he talked about it. :)

juan said...

That is so cool, she will remember those moment you spend with her.

DeeDee said...

Its ok that your not caught up Adri, the whole point is to read your bible, no matter how far behind you are. Learn to enjoy it, to soak it in, not just hurry through it:) I learned this awhile back.