Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September 18, 1976

Yesterday was my birthday and for the first time in a long time, I was so excited about it. Once I became an adult or a young adult I really didn't get excited. I would get happy because God gave me another year, but for some reason, this year was different. When I walked out of the house today, after lunch, I still felt this burst of happiness. I thanked the Lord for all the blessings in my life!! I truly am greatful!!!! I love my husband and our children!! I am happy I have my parents and my two grandmas. My family sang "Las Mananitas" to me yesterday. The moment I remember the most is my welita Margarita singing it. She would get a little out of breath but she would keep going. My mom made tamales and a strawberries and glaze cake. My uncle made "pozole." It's like beef soup with chile and hominy. I am still accepting gifts, you can mail them to....J/K!!!

ADDENDUM:.....OH BY THE WAY. AT WORK, MANAGEMENT WENT OUT EAT TO CELEBRATE BIRTHDAYS. WE HAD A GOOD TIME @ THE SEAFARER (I might have mispelled it). I had this delicious jalapeno, cheese, and onion stuffed chopped steak. Finger lickin' good! My birthday, what a wonderful day!!! I think I sha'll continue celebrating all week!!

5 comments:

Sal said...

and you forgot to mention the lunch from work!

happy bday adri. IOU

Adriana Sujey said...

Thanks Mr. Yates...

juan said...

Happy b day

DeeDee said...

Happy Birthday Adriana!

Jean Kincaid said...

Happy birthday and what does Sal owe you? He said IOU. ROFLOL